CHANGES for gadict
- v0.19, 2020-10-25
- v0.18, 2020-09-22
- v0.17, 2020-05-08
- v0.16, 2019-04-07
- v0.15, 2018-07-16
- v0.14, 2018-03-28
- v0.13, 2017-10-21
- v0.12, 2017-07-29
- v0.11, 2017-04-22
- v0.10, 2017-03-09
- v0.9, 2016-11-12
- v0.8, 2016-09-11
- v0.7, 2016-06-01
- v0.6, 2015-10-13
- v0.5, 2012-07-13
- v0.4, 2012-07-10
- v0.3, 2012-01-15
- v0.2, 2012-01-15
- v0.1, 2012-01-12
- Added many nouns with an irregular plural form.
- Covered KET wordlist. Added 429 new articles.
- Introduced generation of Anki cards with mini-dialogs & collocations.
- Added 421 new articles.
- Added lots of baby animals and male/female nouns.
- Excluded SRS TAB files from release.
- Added 550 new articles.
- Covered all VOA word list.
- Fixed "arr" pronunciation: /æ/ => /ɛ/ in "arr" for GA.
- Replaced /ɔː/ => /ɑː/ for GA.
- Added and marked articles by topic body/family/vegetables/seafood/nuts.
- Added 300 new articles.
- Marked articles by markers for KET/PET wordlists of 2012.
- Added 550 new articles and made huge number of corrections. This inslude
comprehensive list of conjunctions and linking words.
- Replaced final /ɪ/ following consonant by /i/.
- Added support for homonym and collocation references.
- Clean up lower IPA accent sign from one syllable word.
- Replaced /ɒ/ with /ɑː/ to represent GA pronunciation.
- Ported build of Anki apkg to Python 3.
- Added support for homophones and many of them was idenfied and added to
- Stresses were set before related vowels. Removed stresses for one syllable
- Phonetic symbols were adjusted like r → ɹ, t → ɾ, er → ɚ, əʊ → oʊ, ɜːɹ → ɜː to
be more consistent with narrow pronunciation in GA.
- Many articles were enhanced with topic classification.
- Added 200 new articles and made huge number of corrections.
- Fixed compilation under Cygwin.
- Added missing words from Swadesh (100), Leipzig-Jakarta (100, both used in
language comparing) and Dolch (200+95, historical) wordlists.
- Pronunciation on half of articles corrected to AmE variant and enhenced with
alveolar flap ɾ, r-colored SCHWA ɚ, near-open central vowel ɐ in
places where SCHWA usually used and glottal stop ʔ.
- Added 400 new articles + numerous fixes.
- Some decorative symbols replaced with more frequent because Windows OS misses
fonts for them.
- Splited most of VOA definitions by meaning.
- Included statistic on wordlist coverage.
- New articles and fixes.
- Changed model for notes in order to prevent Anki from showing direct and
revers cards for studding in the same day. Due to this v0.9 Anki desks is
incompotable with new version and there is no way to keed v0.9 desks' learning
history... You should remove old desks completely and start using v0.10
- Frequency tags was added as separate field and as native Anki desks' tags.
- Added HTML form of dictionaries for accesible quick review.
- Added 700 new words.
- Many VOA article definitions splited to separate meaning.
- Added new pages about English grammar and refined old ones.
- gadict.el improved and is able to show IPA pronunciation from espeak.
- Added report for missing words from wordlists.
- Allow to have several articles with same headword (as workaround to allow
specify different pronunciation depending on part of speach).
- Make build depends only on pure Python built-in libraries (expect Anki for
Anki related tasks).
- Fixed many pronunciation errors, introduced (inconsistently) new IPA syntax.
- Most of article translations were proofread and refined. Each article has
- Rare and misspelled words were removed (based on Google n-grams and with
Hunspell check integration).
- Markup for antonyms, synonyms, hypernyms, hyponyms, topics, relations was
- dictd dictionary and Anki deck files include antonym, synonym, hypernym,
hyponym and example sentences.
- Packaged Anki deck files for Anki space repetition software comes in bundle.
- Added famous word lists: GSL, AWL, NGSL, NAWL, BSL, TSL, VOA. Anki and dictd
articles is marked by these keywords.
- Improved dictd article looks.
- Added 300 new words.
- Included import file generation for space repetition software in TAB format.
- Added some antonyms and synonyms.
- Added 300 new words. Added common contractions.
- Double number of new atricles (there are around 2000 articles totally).
- Ukrainian translations was included along with Russian.
- New source format to outcome dictd C5 issues. Now it is possible to write
into different target formats. Currently implemented only dictd C5 writer.
- New home page. SF is used as mirror.
- VOA dictionary in print form.
- Miscellaneous supplementary info.
- VOA "Special English Word Book" thesaurus was added.
- GoldenDict installation instruction was added.
- Documentation was hardly improved for end users.
- Fixed links.
- Removed outdated data.
- Added a lot on exceptions for English spelling rules.
- English spelling rules guide was imported from gavenkoa personal
tips project. This guide is main source for word transcription.
- Improved home page appearance.
- Fixed for dist-like targets was fixed build dependencies.
- Fix misc issue in deploy targets.
- Add target to check of release sanity.
- Include article count statistics in release docs.
- Fix source release target (dictionary files are missing).
- First public release.
- Summary nearly 800 words in all dictionaries.